Friday, February 1, 2013

Episode 19


“So Tom,” the female newscaster asked flirtatiously, “I have recently heard a rumour, and I would like to hear your response.”  He grinned and looked away.
“Alright, then,” he replied. “Let’s hear your accusation.”  The sound of his voice still sent butterflies flying in Kelsey’s stomach – it was all sexiness and masculinity.  The newscaster leaned towards him. Kelsey’s eyes narrowed.  The newscaster asked,
“I have heard that you are seeing a young lady by the name of Kelsey Crawdad, a student at a local university.  As of yet, this is an unconfirmed relationship, however I think you can clear this obvious fallacy up, right now Tom.” She placed one hand on his knee as she purred his name.  Kelsey’s hand tightened into a fist, her knuckles turning white.  Tom looked shocked – he turned pale as a ghost (which is quite a feat as he already is impressively pale).
“Erm…” Tom struggled to react to the surprise accusation.  “I, erm, don’t know how to respond to this.”  Disappointed by the fact that he had not yet refuted the possibility of a romantic attachment, the newscaster pressed for more information.
“So, then, is it true? Are you seeing this girl?”  Tom swallowed visibly, then replied,
“No.  I am not in a relationship with Kelsey Crawdad.”  The newscaster beamed at the desired answer, however, Tom continued before she had a chance to gloat.  He quietly said, “but I wish I was.  I was seeing her, briefly, until I did something so incredibly stupid that messed everything up.  Now I have no clue what to do or say.”  Dumbfounded, the newscaster remained silent, her mouth gaping open at the confession.  Tom continued, “I know how incredibly cheesy this sounds, but if you are watching this Kelsey, I’m sorry.” He faced the camera head on. “I’m so sorry and I know that I can never ever apologize enough.” He turned back to the angry newscaster and said, “this interview is over, I’m afraid. Thanks for inviting me to the show.”  The show cut to the commercial as Tom walked off set. All three girls stared at the television disbelievingly.
“That went better than we expected,” Caitlin commented, amazed.
“No kidding,” Aislinn agreed, also shocked.  Both girls then turned to Kelsey.  The redhead finally spoke in hysterical teary voice.
“I forgive him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment