Sunday, April 21, 2013

Episode 39


The apartment door opened and Kelsey hobbled in followed by the repentant Spencer. 
“Kelsey, I am so sorry.  I mean, how was I supposed to know that your foot was there?”
“You just shouldn’t have dropped your bowling ball!!!”  Kelsey nearly yelled at the irritating man. He was shorter than her and made her go bowling – this would never ever work out.  Ever.
“Can I help you ice it?”  He really was trying to be nice, but Kelsey’s response was just to forcibly push him out the door and shut it before he could sneak back in.  Through the door she heard him say, “well, overall, I had a great time!  You are quite a woman…we should do this again soon.  How about tomorrow??”  She just pretended that she heard nothing and proceeded to stomp to her room.
“Bad date?”  Aislinn asked sympathetically as Kelsey strode past.
“You have no clue.”  They sat down on their beds to talk.  “He took me bowling.  I hate bowling!  He made me play one and a half games, but luckily we got to stop after he dropped his ball on my foot.”  Aislinn looked sympathetic.  “And then, of course, I fell on the slippery floor while trying to limp out of there, so he thought that carrying me would be a fantastic idea.”  The sarcasm dripped from Kelsey ‘s voice.  “He is a skinny little white boy, so he dropped me onto my hurt foot just outside the bowling place and then had to act as my crutch for the rest of the walk.”
“I am so sorry, Kelsey!” Aislinn said, caringly. “If he asks you out again, say no, okay?”
“Believe me, I will never go out with him again!” Kelsey fervently agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment