Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ye Are Weak


In my Book of Mormon class this week, we discussed a scripture in 3 Nephi 17.  In verse 2, Christ tells the multitude that “I perceive that ye are weak, that ye cannot understand all my words which I am commanded of the Father to speak unto you at this time.”  At this point, the people are exhausted.  Their brains are completely full of the knowledge that Jesus has revealed unto them thus far, and they are just unable to receive anything more.  Christ, in His infinite wisdom, realizes this and decides to postpone the rest of His discussion until they are again ready to learn.  I connected this experience to my own life – I am weak, and there are times when I am not ready to receive certain knowledge or revelation that my Heavenly Father intends for me.  However, Christ will be patient with me just as He was with the multitude.  He will wait until I have reached the point where I can accept and act upon the knowledge or inspiration He knows I will need.  This thought always gives me great comfort because there are times in my life when I am scared that I am not receiving inspiration that I (in my mortal weakness) feel is essential to me at the time.  I am so grateful to know that Jesus is watching over me and that He knows the exact right moment for the revelation to come to me. Knowing this, I am able to go forward with faith.

1 comment:

  1. He gives us things line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little there a little which is really for our own good.

    ReplyDelete