Tuesday, January 29, 2013

In Pursuit of Stormy Eyes - Episode 12


Aislinn and Caitlin hung up the phone, finished their conversation with Tom.  They were so sick of Kelsey moping in bi-polar distress – one second anger was the dominant emotion, the next second dejection.  So they were secretly helping Tom make it up to Kelsey so she could at least get closure.  However, both of them were seriously opposed to them getting together.  Tom had hurt her, and while they wanted Kelsey to forgive him, they couldn’t forgive quite as easily.  They provided Tom with information on Kelsey’s likes – he tried by himself at first with the roses, but that only made her angrier as she doesn’t care for roses really at all.  Their only goal was to get them to talk.  That’s all.  After they received Tom’s text stating that Kelsey had finally invited him in to talk, they were overjoyed.  Their meddling was done.
Kelsey sat, uncomfortable, on the couch while Tom paced nervously in front of her.  The silence was oppressive.  Finally, Kelsey spoke. “How did you get into my apartment?” she demanded.  He chuckled slightly and responded,
“I’m rich enough to afford a pick-pocket…I mean a lock-pick! Lock-pick.  I used a lock-pick.”  Tom was clearly struggling.  Kelsey wasn’t sure if that was sweet or creepy.  He resumed his ceaseless pacing.  Again Kelsey ventured to speak,
“So…what did you want to talk about?  I want this over with so you will leave me alone.”  He winced at that, and, still pacing, said
“Well, I guess I wanted to start with an apology.  Kelsey, I’m stupid and I was wrong to break things off when I still had feelings for you.” She tried to read the emotion in his eyes, but he was still determined to wear a path thorough the carpet and wouldn’t stay still long enough.  Playing it cool, Kelsey stopped him.
“Tom,” she said, no emotion in her voice, “I believe you misunderstood the situation.  I found you rude, but that is all.  After you left, I moved on with my life.  I started seeing someone else.  I appreciate the apology, and now you can leave.”  Tom stared at her in disbelief.  Rightly so, as Kelsey was a terrible liar and he could see that the whole phrase was a blatant lie.  Carefully, he asked,
“Who have you been seeing?” Kelsey, not wanting to lie much more, responded,
“Spencer.”
“And you have stronger feelings for him than you do for me?”  Kelsey blushed and answered,
“Yes?”  He heard the question in her response and saw through the lie.  They then suffered an awkward silence, the only noise that of Tom’s booted feet still attacking the poor carpet.  After a long while, Kelsey pointedly stood and opened the door for Tom.  Without a word he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment